I love living in Wales. There may be a time that we might live in a different country, but Wales will always be my home.
1. Wales has the most amazing views and landscapes. When we lived in Skegness for 6 months, I genuinely missed the green and the mountains. The mostly flat terrain left me aching for the sight of a mountain forest, no matter how much rain fell on them.
2. My school produced some major sporting stars. It’s pretty cool to be able to say you were in the same classes as Gareth Bale and Sam Warburton. We’ll just skim over the parts where I don’t think I’ve ever actually held a conversation with either of them, or that it leaves the rest of us feeling like we’re under achieving massively! Good for them!
3. We’ve got our own language. It’s not always pretty sounding, lots of harsh sounds, but I think that our tiny country having its own language is pretty special. And despite almost dying out it’s growing again and becoming more important and popular. Even the English speaking schools now have to include an element of Welsh into every lesson, even if it’s just days and dates. You may also have the upper hand in a job interview if you can speak Welsh.
G is most likely going to be going to a Welsh speaking school, and I’m looking forward to improving on my limited lingo too.
4. The NHS. Ok, so I know it’s not just in Wales, and I don’t always get very political here, especially in a mostly light hearted post, but the NHS is something so amazing that we really need to appreciate it more. It’s by no means perfect, but it’s a hell of a lot better than what a lot of people have.
5. The most importantly cool thing about Wales? Uh Doctor Who is filmed here!!
Many of you will know that we are a family of Whovians, in fact I was woken up this morning by a voice coming over the monitor “I am a cyber man. You will be deleted” I can’t tell you my startled response, let’s just say it’s a good job G wasn’t stood next to me or he might have learnt some new words that would not go down well with grandparents!
It’s brilliant being able to spot local places and landmarks when you’re watching, and remembering times you’ve been there.
In short, I bloody love living here!
Mrs H xxx